Frequently Asked Questions
How do I play?
- The only action you can perform in laservex is adjusting mirrors (i.e. the black line segments). You can move a mirror by clicking and dragging its center. You can stretch/rotate a mirror by dragging one of its endpoints. You can also fine-tune the position of highlighted endpoints by using the buttons below the game area or the corresponding keyboard shortcuts.
Why do the mirrors sometimes get stuck?
- The mirrors will only move when they do not intersect other objects. Some levels contain mirrors that can never be moved (since they always intersect an object). Some mirrors that are intersecting an object can be freed by dragging an endpoint so that the mirror no longer intersects the object.
Why don't the user accounts have passwords?
- The accounts do not need passwords because they do not store any important information. The only malicious activity that can be done is either solving or submitting levels using another person's account (neither of which are disastrous). That being said, please be nice and only use your own account.
What do I do if somebody else starts using my account?
- Well, the worst thing they can do is solve/submit levels. If your username is common, they might unintentionally be sharing the account with you. Choosing a rare/unique username will minimize the chance that somebody unintentionally uses your account.
Why doesn't the game work?
- You might be using a browser which does not support HTML5, in which case you should probably change/update your browser.
How do I report bugs or make feature requests?
- Send an email.